Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Owlie Hat


Back in 2011 I made stuff. A lot of stuff.
That's the year I learned to knit and the year I had my podcast.

Then 2012 came.
I'm not sure what changed, but I stopped making stuff.

For a while I didn't really care. I thought maybe it had been a phase that I was "over."
Then I started looking through my old projects, though. I started to miss making things, started to miss finishing things and photographing things and showing them off.

This year I hope to make more.
So far I'm off to a good start, too.

Lailah has been wanting an owl hat, or "owlie hat" as she calls them. On January 1st, I figured it was a good time to start crocheting.
I finished the body of the hat that night, and the details the next day.



Lailah didn't take it off the rest of the day.


It feels good to have made something again. I feel like making this little owlie hat has broken me out of my funk of not knitting and crocheting.
I have big plans for the rest of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment