Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2013

This Week in Comics - Week 3


This was another crazy week. Less crazy than last week, but still crazy.

At work we've been preparing for our state evaluation. We were prepared - as prepared as we could be.
Mrs. J had to ask off work for Monday and guess who showed up on Monday?
That's right! The woman from the state showed up and stayed while we had a sub.
If you know anything about kids, you know that they are never very well behaved with a substitute teacher in the class. Strike one.
I was informed, though, that we didn't yet have a substitute teacher lined up. Kids were showing up and there was no teacher there other than me, and I'm not a teacher. I'm just an aide. It's illegal for me to be there teaching 20 kids by myself, and this is all happening on the day we're being evaluated.
Awesome!
It all worked out, though. Someone got there right when the bus was pulling away, and she was someone most of the kids already knew. That helped a lot!

Of course, that whole story has absolutely nothing to do with comics
I did, however, have a very comic-full week.
Do you like that new word? Comic-full. Full of comics. That's the kind of week I want to have every week!

So, this week was comic-full because 1.) I got a fat box of comics in the mail and 2.) WIZARD WORLD COMIC CON WEEKEND IN STL!
My first con ever! It was awesome! I'll talk about that more tomorrow, though.

On to what I read this week...


I liked everything pretty well this week. It's hard to choose a favorite.
The Judge Dredd books are great. I loved issues 1 and 2, and issues 3 and 4 were no different.

Happy was interesting, definitely something I wish I would have waited to buy in trade. I did wait and read all four issues together, though. For some reason they were very late getting to me. I just got the last issue last month and I think they came out either in November or December. It's a nice, twisted little Christmas tale. Some parts are a bit unclear. This may be one I'll have to reread to fully understand. It was a unique story, though, and I enjoyed it.

Morbius was good. I didn't know much about the character going in, so it wasn't quite what I expected. It was enjoyable, though, and I'm going to keep reading.

Finally, Uncanny X-Men. It was pure awesomeness! I've gone from knowing very little about the x-men, to being a huge fan of them all because of how darn good all these Marvel NOW x books are! I bought quite a few older trades at the con this weekend, too, and I'm sure they'll be just as awesome or better. This is definitely a title I recommend, along with Uncanny X-Force and All New X-Men.

That's all for this week. Hopefully I'll be posting about the con either tomorrow or Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment