Pages

Sunday, March 10, 2013

This Week in Comics - Week 1


Here's what I've read this week, in no particular order.


If you know much about comics, you can see that I'm usually behind on some things.
I switch between getting monthly shipments and getting bi-weekly shipments, so sometimes books have already been out for a month before they're shipped to me, then shipping can take another week to ten days. Then, of course, I have so many to read once they get here! Some of them aren't read for quite a while after they come out.

A lot of what I read this week was really good! Deadpool Pulp surprised me. It's not your typical Deadpool story - he even looks different. It was a very rich story, though, and I think it would be a good read for any Deadpool fan.
Deadpool #5 was disappointing. I'm not surprised by that, since I haven't been a fan of the new run at all. If the issues don't improve at least a little with this next story arc, I'm probably going to stop ordering it. There are plenty of great back issues and trades of Deadpool that I can read, so I'm not going to waste my money on the new stuff if it sucks.

I also finally started reading New Avengers this week after having it in the stack for a while. It's great! The story is fresh, the characters are portrayed really well and the art is breathtaking at times. It may seem like a weird complement, but I really like the colors they used. It adds so much drama to the pages. Definitely pick this one up because it's one of the best Marvel NOW titles I've read.

That's it for this week. Come back next Sunday to see more awesome comics!

No comments:

Post a Comment