Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

Wizard World STL Comic Con 2013!


This post is all about comic con!

I don't really even know where to start.
We got tickets in February, and the time actually passed pretty quickly.

Friday was the first day and it was awesome. I tried to be conservative with my purchases so I wouldn't be completely out of money the rest of the weekend, and I did pretty well.

We got some free stuff, and here's a picture of what I bought.


1.) Battlestar Galactica shirt
2.) Dharma Initiaive shirt (LOST)
3.) Venom/Spiderman/Carnage print
4.) Deadpool VS. Deathstroke print (coolest thing ever!)
5.) White Deadpool sticker
6.) Green Boba Fett sticker
7.) Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe, signed by Cullen Bunn
8.) X-Force : Sex + Violence
9.) Secret Invasion
10.) Wolverine : Weapon X Adamantium Men

We ate some awesome food on the trip, so I'm going to talk about that stuff on here as well. Friday we stopped at Jack in the Box on the way to STL and I got one of their new Hot Mess sandwiches, which was amazing. I was a little drunk already when we ate.
For dinner we planned on going to the steakhouse in our hotel, but it was WAY too expensive. We got our menus and quickly decided to leave before we spent $150 just on dinner! We went to the hotel bar instead and I had a burger very similar to the one I had at Jack in the Box, with jalapenos, onion strings and pepper jack cheese. We also got what they called "fancy fries," but they weren't really all that fancy.

On the second day we decided to visit the arch before going to the con. I've lived so close to it all my life, but never actually been. We didn't get to go to the top, but it was still fun to see the museum at the bottom.


Aren't we cute in our Deadpool shirts?

We got a little drunk after that, then headed to the con.
It was super crowded on Saturday and I was so hot, especially after drinking. I think we decided to eat before really buying much of anything. We had this awesome steak and cheese sandwich they were selling at the con.

Then we started shopping. I didn't get many books the first day, so my goal was to get more books the second day.


1.) X-Men : Deadly Genesis
2.) Voodoo Child
3.) Star Wars Jango Fett
4.) The Sixth Gun Book 1, signed by Cullen Bunn and Brian Hurtt
5.) Serenity Those Left Behind Book 1
6.) Haunt of Horror
7.) Strawman issue 10

For dinner that night we went to T.G.I. Friday's and I got a steak with mashed potatoes and vegetables. I also got two really good blackberry Long Island iced teas. After dinner we went to the con's after party for a while, which was fun. We drank "Wizardtinis" and I had an orange juice and vodka. It was way too hot, though, so we didn't stay long.

Sadly, I didn't take pics of everything I got on day 3. I know I got a totoro/batman car sticker and a LOT of books. I also got stuff for the kids - a spiderman purse/backpack for Lailah and a Lego Star Wars Darth Maul light-up keychain for Izak.

I'll try to list all the books I got, but I may miss a couple.

1.) Heaven, LLC book 1
2.) Rising Stars : Born in Fire
3.) Manhattan Projects book 1
4.) 30 Days of Night : 30 Days 'Til Death
5.) Daredevil Noir
6.) Wolverine Weapon X Files
7.) The Zombie : Simon Garth
8.) Rest

Lunch was another one of those steak and cheese things from the convention, and dinner was two more Hot Mess sandwiches from Jack in the Box on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment